Taking proper care of your teeth and gums is essential as you age. The more you can do to mitigate the damage that arises through natural deterioration and wear over time, the more likely you are to have a straight, strong, helpful smile at the later stages of life. There are several important things you should do to keep your smile at its peak condition. Listed below is a checklist to assess the important aspects of aging and dental health:
– Use effective tools if traditional ones are causing you issues. This includes easier to operate tools such as electric toothbrushes or thread-free water flossers.
– Always focus on using products that are non-abrasive to your tooth enamel. This includes brushes with soft bristles and non-abrasive toothpaste.
– Practice oral hygiene routines daily, including flossing every day and brushing twice daily as well.
– Stay away from unhealthy products that are loaded with sugars or carbs and avoid snacks that can easily chip and crack your teeth because they are too hard.
– Avoid unhealthy habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco.
– If you have dentures, always make sure to clean them daily.
– Visit our dentists for routine checkups and oral examinations.
For information about aging and dental health or to schedule an appointment with our dentists at Hill Family Dental, call our team for an appointment with Drs. Hill and Hill at our office in Orem, Utah at 801-225-7110.